Oyster Bay High School, Oyster Bay, NY
- Courses: 9th and 10th grade English, 10th grade Honors English, 12th grade College English, AP Research
- Assistant Director for the school play (Romeo and Juliet)
- Yearbook Adviser
- Quill & Scroll Adviser
- Socratic Seminar Training
- AP Training (Goucher College, summer 2018)
- Member of the Site-Based Committee
The Wheatley School, East Williston, NY
Teacher Spring 2016
- As a leave replacement, taught 11th grade Regents preparatory ELA course, the AP Core course, and the 12th grade School Within a School “Senior Memories” course.
North Shore High School, Glen Head, NY
Teacher, Team Facilitator, and Investigative Research Mentor 2010–2013
- Recommended for tenure.
- Taught and developed differentiated and Common Core aligned curriculum for a self-selected 10th grade honors course and the 11th grade Regents preparatory American Writers course with 1:1 iPad integration.
- Facilitated team and parent meetings, acted as liaison between teachers and administrators, and wrote curricular goals for the Ninth Grade Experience (NGE) program in order to provide direction for teachers and students.
- Taught the Centering course (an innovative interdisciplinary course based on the Theory of Knowledge IB course) as part of the Ninth Grade Experience program.
- Wrote curriculum for the Centering course in order to integrate research and technology, as well as differentiated instruction, metacognition, and independent inquiry study, into the academic work of a diverse student body.
- Collaborated with the NGE team in order to create interdisciplinary lessons, discuss the needs of students, and create action plans for how best to help our students succeed academically and socially.
- Mentored students in the Investigations Research class to guide their research and literature review, conduct studies, and participate in an end-of-year symposium.
- Taught two 10th grade honors English classes as a part-time leave replacement.
- Selected to participate in a yearlong Tri-States workshop on metacognition, and a collegial circle on building-level plans to apply for the International Baccalaureate Diploma program.
Queens High School for the Sciences at York College, Jamaica, NY
- Developed curriculum for 9th grade English, which included an intensive first-year analytical writing workshop, an introduction to literary theory, and an exploration of the multi-genre essay, in order to prepare students for working on the high school level.
- Implemented use of technology in the 9th grade classroom by developing sophisticated student blogs to foster peer-to-peer online communication, authentic responses to literature and computer literacy.
- Designed a class website in order to deliver relevant course information and communicate with each other.
- Developed curriculum for 12th grade Drama elective in which students explored literary analysis, scriptwriting and performance.
- Selected as participating teacher for Phase 1 student teachers from Queens College.